Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 25, part 2

JH and Gyueon had one of their usual afternoon talks but I had Yena to talk to. To see her, you would not think she was a walker because of her physique. She started out following in her sister's footsteps, almost literally. Her sister walked the French camino in the fall and suggested that Yena do it as well. Yena had a rough start but persevered. She gave up on her first day but another Peregrino, a Korean, pulled her to her feet, took her pack, and gave her walking sticks. Her 'angel' walked with her for quite awhile, carrying two packs, until she recovered. When she finished the French, she decided that she wasn't dive and start the Portuguese from Porto. I am impressed by her.

We stopped at a little diner for lunch and Mark was just finishing. He left and we still weren't sure if we'd see him again.

In the morning it wasn't raining and I boldly packed my rain gear. Mark looked at me with a smirk, "Field of Dreams?"

"Yep, if I use it, it will rain."

You know what I'm going to say now. Let's say it together. Very soon thereafter, …

It rained most of the day and we thought we were lost for a long time but it was a good walk. We easily found our accommodations, a cafe/ private hostel. Actually, it was suspiciously easy. The girls took one room and Gyueon and I took another. Gyueon, who had already gotten attached to Mark (sick of me?), was worried about Mark. Just as we got settled, Mark showed up, so Gyueon and I moved to a room with 3 beds to share with Mark.

We all went out to find food. We found a place in record time and it turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. The woman in charge was very kind and patient, explaining the menu until she was convinced we understood. She clearly takes pride in the food and wanted us to eat well, which we did.





No comments:

Post a Comment